Why is LLT always hiring?

This was the question my Mum asked me from 7600 km away in the UK.  “Excuse me?” I ask.  “Well”, she replies, “I often see ads on Facebook for Accountants.  Does LLT have a high turnover?  Is it a bad place to work?”

Actually no to both of those questions.  LLT is an excellent place to work and has a lower annual turnover than the national average.  So why do we run regular ads for accounting staff?

The reason is that on behalf of LLT I spend a lot of time recruiting but not necessarily hiring.  The difference being that I am always on the lookout for those elusive A players.

What are A Players?

These are the staff who have at least a 90% chance of achieving a set of outcomes that only the top 10% of possible candidates can achieve.   In other words, they are the best in their field.

How do I determine if a candidate is an A player?

LLT spends a lot of time and resources in the recruitment process.  There are at least 3 interviews, one of which can be 2 to 3 hours in length.  We do testing and a personality analysis.  By the time of the 3rd interview we should know the candidate’s personality and be able to assess their fit with our core values and whether or not they have the potential to become an A player.  We also need to be sure that they know LLT and our culture and are excited to become a part of it.   As with any relationship, the recruitment process should always be a two-way street.

So the next time you see that LLT is looking for Accountants, ask yourself if you are that A player that we are looking for.  If so, I’d love to chat with you.

Gayle Brunt

Office Manager

Resumes can be submitted for the attention of Gayle Brunt, Office Manager by e-mail to resume@lltcpa.ca.