- Payroll deductions must be remitted and received by Canada Revenue Agency no later than the 15th day of the month following the month the deductions were made. There are exceptions to the rule, particularly if your enterprise has a large payroll. If you believe this applies to you, please contact our office for more information.
- Goods and Services Tax (GST) must be remitted per the due date on your GST Return because GST is considered funds held in trust for Canada Revenue Agency. It is important that the funds be remitted by the due date listed on the GST return.
- T4 Slips and Summaries must be filed by the end of February.
- T5 Statement of Investment Income forms must be filed by the end of February.
- T1 Personal Income Tax Returns must be filed by April 30.
- T2 Corporate Income Tax Returns must be filed six months after the fiscal year end date.
- RRSP contributions must be made within 60 days of the end of the year to be deductible for that year.
Handy PDFs you can download that we think will make your life a little easier.
Agriculture and Agri-Foods Canada:
Canada Business Service Centres:
Canada Revenue Agency:
Canadian Farm Business Management Council:
Chartered Professional Accountants of British Columbia:
Chilliwack Economic Partners Corporation:
City of Chilliwack:
Government of Canada Budgets:
Human Resources Development:
Indian and Northern Affairs Canada:
Medical Services Plan:
SAGE Software (formerly Simply Accounting):
Workers Compensation Board:
CGA Guide to Financial Statements